The Alliance is a federation of Work, Industrial, & Organizational Psychology societies from around the world. Established by the Organizational Psychology Division of the International Association for Applied Psychology (Division 1), the European Association for Work and Organizational Psychology (EAWOP), & the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP). In 2017 the Canadian Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (CSIOP) formally joined the Alliance.
1. Expand the application & contribution of organizational, industrial, & work psychology to society to improve the quality of work life & the effectiveness of individuals & organizations
2. Develop effective communication & collaboration among international member organizations
3. Advance the science & practice of organizational, industrial, & work psychology globally
4. Influence public policy internationally (e.g., through the United Nations) regarding workplace practices to support organizational productivity & worker well-being
5. Foster & support international research & practice collaborations to address critical, international workplace issues
1. Connecting academics & practitioners for international exchanges
2. Continuous liaison with international policy makers such as ILO
3. Establishing an online video repository designed to capture global leaders’ opinions on topics beneficial to individuals & organizations in society.